About Gateway House of Peace – A Non Profit hospice home located in Ballston Spa
Gateway House of Peace is not a medical facility and is run independently, collaborates with Community Hospice of Saratoga who provides the medical management for the patients as they do for anyone receiving hospice care in their own home environment. The volunteers and staff of Gateway House become extended family for our community residents who can no longer remain safe in their own home.
- A widower who lives alone and has no primary caregiver
- An elderly couple too frail to care for each other
- A grandmother whose adult children are scattered across the country
- A husband who simply isn’t able to leave his job to be his wife’s caregiver
- A single mother with young children
Our board is committed to nurturing hope and healing when lives are touched by the transition that family illness and care giving can bring. We believe in the hospice philosophy of care that all persons have the right to die with dignity, to have an enhanced quality of life for the remainder of their days, and to be as comfortable and as pain free as possible.
All gifts are tax deductible. The Home is an IRS 501(c) (3) charitable organization.